Work from Home Scams – How To Spot Work At Home Scam – With all the work at home opportunities advertised today, it can be difficult to pick out the real, legitimate and true jobs free from the scams.
Here are some tips that will help you determine whether a job is legitimate or a scam in just minutes.
- Do they charge a fee? – If so, it is a scam. Any legitimate work from home job will not charge you any kind of fee. Occasionally, you will come across companies that charge for training, but most often they will deduct the cost from your first few paychecks. Home business opportunities will often charge a start-up fee, which includes a kit containing product samples, training information and more. If there is a start-up kit you need to buy, it is a business opportunity. If there is a “fee” to begin working for them (often called an application fee, or administrative fee), it is a scam.
- Is the website sloppy? – This alone doesn’t always point to a scam. I’ve seen some legitimate companies with horrible websites too. However, scammer websites are usually very sloppily put together, with tons of spelling and grammatical errors all over the place.Not always – sometimes they do have web design knowledge and a spell-checker. Some of them even us a free web host like Geocities or Bravenet. (Example: If the domain name reads http://XYZClerical.bravehost.com or http://www.geocities.com/XYZClerical – they are using a free web host. Owning their own domain, it would read like this: http://www.XYZClerical.com). Website hosting is so affordable nowadays, it is rare to find any legitimate companies that would use a free web host.
- Contact information - Click on the “Contact Us” (or “About Us”) page of the website. Is there a street address and telephone number? Or just an email address or P.O. Box? Legitimate companies will give you their true contact information. Is the email address from a free email provider like Yahoo or Hotmail? This doesn’t always mean it’s a scam, sometimes companies don’t want to use their main address and get bombarded with resumes. Still, use caution if you see a free email account being used, especially if it’s the only form of contact available. If a phone number is given, call it. Do they answer with the company name like a real business? Or do you get dumped right into a voice mail box? Again, that might not mean it’s a scam by itself, just something to consider.
Testimonials – Does the website feature testimonials? These are
Work from Home Scam
usually reviews from people who are allegedly working at home for this company. Why would a company want to do this? Remember this: testimonials are most often used in sales copy. They are trying to “sell” you something if they use testimonials. Legitimate companies will rarely use them. I have seen a couple of real companies with testimonials on their websites, so it does happen, but not often.
Excessive income claims - “Easy work, great pay!” That’s a big red flag. No legitimate employer is going to flaunt easy work for great pay. Instead they usually say, “Salary commensurate with experience.” Meaning, if you have experience in that field, you will probably earn more money than someone who doesn’t. If an ad claims, “No experience necessary!” – be wary. There are certainly employers who will train you and don’t require experience, but if an ad is flaunting the fact that you don’t need experience and will earn great money, watch out. Especially for jobs you would expect to need experience for, like typing or data entry. If the job is extremely simple (like stuffing envelopes), ask yourself why a company would pay so much money for someone to stuff envelopes when they could buy a machine to do it for far less money? Use common sense. Compare the job to the income. Does it sound near what you’d earn in your local area? (Most work at home jobs pay LESS than what you’d earn outside the home, not more.)
Targeting particular groups - Does the ad focus on one particular group of people like Moms, retirees or college students? This is usually a warning sign. Why would a legitimate employer care if their employees are moms, dads, grandparents or anything else? The only exception I can think of is perhaps contracts for models and actors. Obviously sometimes agencies have a need for people with a certain look, or from a certain age group. Otherwise, beware of any company advertising only to Moms or other groups.
Involving your personal accounts - There is a common scam going around right now that involves an overseas company wanting you to sell products on eBay using your own account, and accept payments from the buyers. You then subtract your “commission” and forward the rest of the money onto the company and they ship the product out to the customer. Wrong. What actually happens is the company takes the money and never ships the products, and you are now in big trouble with eBay for taking the money and not delivering the product. It is incredibly easy for legitimate companies to get a merchant account nowadays, there is no reason why they would need you to use your own account and forward the money to them. Don’t fall for it. Another similar scam is a company (or individual) needing to send a large amount of money by check to you, they ask you to deposit the money into your account and then withdraw most of it (you get to keep a portion of it for your troubles) and send it to them by Western Union or other money transfer system. Unfortunately, the check takes a few days or even a few weeks to bounce, and you now owe that money back to the bank. Except you don’t have it, because you already wired it out to the person who sent you the check! Steer clear of any type of “job” that requires you to use your own accounts.
Asking for too much information - Does the application ask personal information like your marital status, how many children you have, your age, ethnic background, etc? Employers have no business asking these questions. It is illegal for them to base your eligibility on these factors, and you are not required to give this information. Also do not give your credit card number, social security number or banking information to any company unless you know they are legitimate. The company will only need this information if they are actually hiring you. I recommend leaving that blank when applying for jobs. If you get hired, they should furnish you with a real tax form to fill out, where you will supply your social security number. (Don’t just send it through email to them.) For banking information, they only need that if you are signing up for direct deposit, and they should give you an actual direct deposit form to fill out and fax or mail back. They should not need your credit card number for any reason. If they are paying you through Paypal or another online payment system, you can provide your Paypal email address to them, but do NOT give them the password! (Yes, I’ve actually seen a “company” requesting that of applicants before.)
Whois Search - Go to http://www.whois.com and search for the domain name (http://www.company.com). Who comes up as the Registrant? The company name, or an individual? It is possible that the website domain could be registered under the owner’s personal name instead of the company name, so this alone doesn’t mean they are a scam. Is it a private registration (you can’t get the details)? Again, that alone doesn’t mean it’s a scam necessarily. Finally, look at the date the domain was registered. If the website gives details about how long the company has been in business and the domain registration differs greatly from that, be wary. If they claim they’ve been providing work at home jobs for 10 years, but upon looking up the domain name you see they’ve been online for a couple of months, that’s a red flag.
Do some research - Write down the company name and the name the domain is registered under (if applicable). Go to http://www.google.com and type the company name in quotations, plus the word Scam, like this: “Company Name”+scam – see what comes up. Any negative experiences detailed on message forums? Do the same with the individual’s name that the domain is registered under. (Also try replacing the word “scam” with the words, “scheme” or “fraud.”) You can also search for pages that mention the company domain name, like this: “www.companywebsite.com” – Google will return results on any page that mentions that term. Then go to http://www.BBBOnline.com – http://www.RipoffReport.com – and http://www.ScamBusters.org and search for the company and individual’s name.
Ask around - If you still haven’t found any negative information (or any information at all), ask around. Visit work at home message forums and ask about the company. Use the forum search function to search for the company name and individual’s name. If it’s a scam, surely someone has heard about them.
Finally, compare any work at home position with positions available in your local area. Does the online job seem like something you’d do in an office setting? Does the pay match the level of experience needed? Does the pay match the complexity of the job? Could a company automate the job functions rather than paying you thousands of dollars to do it? Remember that most companies are trying to save money, not make their employees rich.
Most importantly, listen to your gut. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. I hear so many people say, “I had a bad feeling about it, but I wanted it to be true, so I took a chance.” Don’t do it. If you have ANY doubts or concerns, pay attention to them. You’ll save yourself a lot of grief later on.
Mystery shopping is an excellent way to earn a part-time income with flexible hours. All large companies use mystery shoppers to evaluate customer service.
This is a great job for seniors, retirees, students, stay at home moms and dads, or anyone that wants to earn some extra money while shopping.
Mystery Shopping Tips and Guidelines for Successful Mystery Shoppers:
Learn as much as you can : If you want to be successful at mystery shopping, then set yourself ahead of the pack by learning as much as you can about it. Do some homework about mystery shopping before joining. Check libraries or bookstores for tips on how to find companies hiring mystery shoppers, as well as how to do the job effectively. Read and do you research well. Learn the facts and figures of mystery shopping business. There are a lot of mystery shopping websites out there with useful information. Keep reading and keep learning.
- Choose the right company: Get registered with a mystery shopping company of good repute that trains shoppers and is popular among other shoppers and clients. There are several legitimate websites that you can sign up as a mystery Shopper for free.
Maintain Anonymity: You should remain anonymous at all the times during a mystery shop. Do not take any forms or papers with you. Try not to take notes or do anything that would identify you as a mystery shopper. Some companies will not pay shoppers that are “found out” on the job. Pretend that you are an ordinary shopper, just as you would if you were actually shopping or dining for yourself.
Read your instructions: Before you head out, double check the time, date and specific store location. Follow directions exactly ! Read your instructions clearly. Before you go on the shop you must know exactly what the company is looking for.
Fill out all paper work timely : Complete and return any reports, audits or forms within 24 hours of performing the mystery shop. This way things are fresh in your mind. Also many companies do have a time limit for shoppers to fill out their reports.
Act professional & be committed : Remember when you accept an assignment to mystery shop you are committing yourself to the job. Do not miss your shop date or perform it late. Always give prior notice to the mystery shopping company when you are unable to complete the shop due to some reason, so that company can find a suitable replacement. Complete all assignments on time. If you absolutely cannot complete an assignment, contact the mystery shopping company immediately so they can reschedule the assignment. Dependable shoppers get the best assignments!
Report facts precisely, don’t comment: Be thorough but concise in your answers. If the reports asks for 5 sentences then give them 5 sentences. If they ask a yes/no question then answer it that way. Proofread your report before you submit and note any discrepancies. Only give your opinions if the company asks for your opinion, otherwise just report the real happenings and facts. Most times the companies want you to report the facts – not how you think they could improve.
Be careful with your reports: Always try to neatly print or type your reports so that they are legible. The reports you submit to mystery shopping companies are the only thing they’re getting out of it — so make sure you do a good job. Try to write using clear, simple language. Be careful with your grammar. Answer all questions honestly, and make sure you record as many details as possible.
Render balance observations: Try to give balance observations. You should try to approach every mystery shop with a sense of neutrality. Try to offer your observations not your opinions. Providing an excessively negative or positive report may imply that you did not carefully observe everything during your mystery shopping experience. Although this does not mean that you should not report a very positive or negative report, rather that your report should not be completely positive or completely negative.
Be Prompt : One of the best things you can do to improve your chances of being hired again is promptly completing the mystery shopping job, and immediately submitting the report. Mystery shopping companies are often left hanging, so you’ll immediately put yourself ahead by simply being quick.
Every Shop Counts : Whether you’re doing a high paying shop, or a low paying one, do a good job. Most mystery shopping companies keep track of how well you do, and often share that information with other companies. The better you do, the more likely you are to get another job in the future.
Stay Organized : This is incredibly important if you want to do more than a little mystery shopping. As a mystery shopper you are an independent contractor. It’s like running your own business. Keeping good records will help every aspect of mystery shopping, making it all go a little smoother.
Don’t make up ridiculous excuses. The schedulers and companies share information about shoppers with each other. Someone might spill the beans and you may end up not finding a shopper’s job at all.
Never discuss the fees with the employer after accepting the shop. Negotiate it prior to finalizing the deal. It is an unprofessional attitude.
Keep a diary : When accepting assignments, note the date and time in your diary straight away.
Record all the necessary facts that is required to fill in the report while on shop.
Try to schedule your jobs in the same area, so that you are not driving all over town.
Get certified as a mystery Shopper. This will add tremendous credibility. It proves that you take your job as a mystery shopper very serious.
Never carry mystery shopping report forms to the store. Fill them while on your way back or at home.
Enjoy your shop, mystery shopping can be very enjoyable with a little experience.
In summary, mystery shopping is an excellent way to earn a part-time income. Most people mystery shop part time, but some people have turned this into a full-time business. If you are serious about mystery shopping, it is best to become certified. This is a fun and easy way to earn extra money.
Are you a photographer? Is photography your passion? Do you want to make money by selling your photos? There are websites that allow you to upload your photos and get paid every time one of your photos is downloaded. Put your camera to good use and make money from the internet today.
Guidelines to sell photos online:
Image Quality : Quality is vital, noisy grainy photos from low-end digital cameras will have limited use. If you want to sell the largest market (both web and print) then you will need good quality, well-lit, sharp, high-resolution images.
Sell yourself with a portfolio : A portfolio is a collection of some of your best photographs. Many people these days have their portfolio online. You could create your own website or pay and upload images to one of several companies who specialize in hosting photographers’ portfolios. Your portfolio should include a personal and creative statement along with detailing how your images can be bought, the equipment you use, and what you specialize in shooting.
Pricing your Photos : Be realistic about the price you are aiming at. Most people these days have a digital camera if it only took you 10 seconds to snap an image of a computer mouse and keyboard then why would someone pay a fortune for such an image instead of snapping one themselves?
List of Website Where You can Create Your Own Free Account, Upload Photos and Make Money:
Shutter Stock: Purchasers may download a few hundred pictures
Earn Money by Selling Photos
in a single month’s membership. The .25 payout adds up fast – for example, if your pictures are downloaded 1000 times over the course of a month, you will receive $250 for that month! If you make $250 per month, That’s $3000 per year off of photos.
Big Stock Photo: Make 50 cents per download. If approved, your photos are added to BigStockPhoto.com. When users download them, you earn fifty cents each time or more. Get paid by checks or via Paypal or MoneyBookers. Upload a couple hundred popular photos and you could find you have a nice recurring monthly income on your hands.
Micro Stock Photo: How does it work? All you have to do is signup and upload your photos. They handle the rest. How much does it cost? Signing up and uploading your photos is Free. They handle all of the sales, promotion and customer support and take 65% commission from every photo you sell. When do I get paid? Your profit from the sales of your photos is paid to you once a month.
WebShots: Webshots is always looking for incredible photography. If you’re a professional photographer who shoots color transparencies, join this website.
- Out Traveler: Join and upload “Travel & Places” related photos.
- US Naval Institute:The general guidelines for submitting images are: 8″ x10″ color or black and white prints or 35mm slides. Images are hold for review for no longer than six weeks. Payment for any use of photography is based upon a space rate fee of $25.00 for inside editorial, $50.00 for an article opener, and $200.00 for a cover. They negotiate fees with photographers who provide a volume of images for publication in books or as magazine pictorials.
- Tide-Mark: They are interested in specific calendar concepts, for both wall calendars and desk diaries. Tide-mark’s calendars often have text as well as images. Tide-mark calendars are predominantly one-person projects; rarely do they buy single images.
- PhotoSpin: Are you a photographer, illustrator, videographer? Want to make your work and name available to tens of thousands of people? Become a PhotoSpin contributing artist.
- Photo Stock Plus: Do you want to sell your photographs? Sell your photos worldwide to a larger variety of clients. They work with hundreds of agencies that are on look out for fresh stocks of photos.
- Shutter Point: Members of ShutterPoint can rate the submitted photos and provide comments, allowing photographers to get external opinions of their work. Perhaps the most valuable feature of ShutterPoint is the opportunity for members to sell photos directly to any photo buyer worldwide. Every photo on this website has a price tag specified by the photographer who submitted it.
- StockPhoto: iStockphoto® is the world’s preeminent collection of member-generated royalty-free images. It’s free to become a member. Find the perfect stock image, and start downloading right away. Or contribute your own work for sale on iStock.
Correct positioning or placement of your Google AdSense ads can make or break your success with the Google AdSense program.
Why is this true? Some studies suggest that eye positioning on website gravitate to particular sections of web pages. And if you don’t have the necessary ads in these positions you will not get the clicks. Certain locations tend to be more successful than others.
The best way to find what exactly works for you is to experiment, experiment and more experiment.
Ads placed near rich content and navigational aids usually do well because users are focused on those areas of a page. Guess how ads will behave on different pages, and what will be most useful and visible to them. You’ll find that the most optimal ad position isn’t always what you expect on certain pages.
Google Adsense Ad Placement
So, where are the best locations for your Google AdSense ads? Well, I have found the number one best place for the ads are near or in proximity to your main menu. Why near your main menu? Because you know that visitors eyes will and always look for the menu structure of your website. So the common places for placement should be to the top right, the very top under your menu, or the top left. These are the most common locations for your main menu.
But what about the color scheme of the Google AdSense ads? Yes, color is very important. You have to make the ads looks as seamless as possible. You may find that colors that blend with the background completely with font color same as your text and compliments the site perform better, because it seems that ad is the part of the content of the page.
By using these tactics I was able to increase my AdSense click through rate significantly depending on traffic level and people’s interest.
Take my advice and give it try. I believe you will see a change and hopefully make AdSense a more pleasurable experience and earn more money with the program.
Work at Home Jobs in UK – Do you live in United Kingdom (England) and are looking for work from home jobs? No Problem! Listed here are some real, legitimate work from home jobs that are no scan and are 100% FREE to join.
Listed here are some companies that offer ongoing job opportunities or hire people for work at home jobs periodically.
Best and Legitimate Work at Home Job Opportunities in UK (United Kingdom)
- Hubpages.com (Earn money by writing and publishing articles): Hubpages allows you to write, publish and earn money online. You can earn money through Google Adsense, eBay, Amazon and Kontera.
- Bukisa (Earn from Articles): Bukisa offers work at home opportunities to authors, contributors and writers to share their knowledge, works and teachings and earn profit from unique sharing model.They will pay you via PayPal within approximately 30 days of the end of the month in which your account balance reaches the minimum US $50. Joining Bukisa is free!
- Arise: This Company offers work from home jobs as customer service representative, technical or sales support agent. Arise UK gives you flexibility to schedule the hours you want to work, you can schedule your time in 30 minute intervals.
- Live Agent (Home Based Customer Service Agents): The main role for a Live Agent is to handle inbound customer calls on behalf of a wide range of companies. Agents enjoy a self-employed status. Live Agent will pay you an excellent hourly rate and provide you with a steady flow of calls for you to handle while working at home.
Work from Home UK
- Dict8 : DICT8 provides medical transcription outsourcing services to the NHS and private medical practitioners, enabling them to outsource their medical typing work. They Accept applications only from experienced medical secretaries.
- LionBridge: Lionbridge Rater Program offers opportunity to earn money and assist in achieving the main objective of the program: the continuous improvement and quality of internet search capability. The Rater role involves evaluating results of a web search, for appropriateness to search query input. It offers flexible working hours but recommends at least 10-20 hours per week.
- Expedict: Expedict is the home for experienced audio typists who want to be part of a young, fast-growing, professional organization. Operate is mainly in the financial, communications and legal fields.
- OutSec – OutSec is always looking for people who want the flexibility of working from home on their own PCs. You should possess a minimum 24 months experience in at least one of our specialist sectors. As vast majority of our clients are based in Great Britain and therefore first-hand experience of working in a UK office environment will be advantageous.
- Sensee – Home Based Inbound & Outbound Customer Service Agents: They provide customer service representatives to call centers. Their agents work entirely from home. Please visit the corporate website to review present hiring status.
- TP Transcription & Typing Services (Tape, Audio and Video Transcriptions): They are looking for transcribers to join their database and receive assignments from them. They are looking for experienced transcribers, based in the UK and possessing a computer, a broadband connection, typing speeds of 60 words per minute min, preferably former experience as a legal or medical secretary or similar. The process includes a typing test and completion of an application form.
- WJS Secretarial Services: If you are a competent transcriber and have experience dealing with diverse material, you can join this company. They only accept applications from UK based transcribers, with English as their first language. You will be asked to complete a 10m transcription piece and grammar exercise to make sure your skills meet with our approval.
- VoicePath – Home Based Secretarial Opportunities: Voicepath is currently seeking home-based legal typists. If you are seeking a self-employed long term contract, are UK based, have legal secretarial experience, a minimum audio typing speed of 60 w.p.m. and experience in working with word processing packages please download and complete the teleworker application form.
- Ways with Words : This company is based in London, Seattle and Cape Town, and maintain a network of home-based transcribers (independent contractors) spread across various countries. Types of material they transcribe include radio and TV programme, market research interviews, legal and medical transcription, meetings, songs, and various others.
Verification Agent Jobs are great way to work from home and make money. As a verification agent, you need to have good communication skills. Most verification agents are independent contractors working from home.
You must have a computer, internet connection and a landline phone connection. A verification contact specialist is responsible for placing outbound phone calls to verify employment and income data in response to inquiries from clients.
Verification Agents Jobs
- Mountain West Processing: Mountain West Processing is committed to providing high quality, professional, and confidential services. They offer a variety of services such as Document Coding, Transcription, Data Processing and Market Research. Their Verification agents jobs entails contacting people and verifying their title and job description for clients planning on-line seminars, conferences, etc. Position requires: High Speed internet access, unlimited long distance on land line (not cellular phone), ability to speak to people at all levels including CEOs, engineers, research scientists, sales people, accuracy and close attention to detail. Pay is on a per job basis.
- Voicelog – TPV Verification Agent: As a verification agent, you would listen to recordings of sales calls to determine if the sale was valid or if there is evidence of sales fraud or undue customer confusion. This is a contract position which is paid by the number of recordings reviewed. You work from your home using your computer and Internet access. They supply all needed training and software. Verification agent, work from home, guaranteed minimum US $8 per hour. Also require verification agents fluent in multiple foreign languages.
- USIS: USIS needs independent contractors who get paid per completed verification . There are no benefits and contractors are paid once per
Verification Agent Job
month. You can live anywhere in the US . Pay is different per verification type. (there are about 7 different types of verifications and the range is from $1 to $3 ). They schedule phone orientations every 2 weeks. For phone connections they recommend Vonage, which has low cost plans. A spread sheet package like Excel and a high speed internet connection is required. An average independent contractor earns about $700 per month but the actual income depends on the work done.
- Sterling Testing Systems: Sterling Testing Systems provides background screening services to employers for more than 28 years. It employs verification agents working from home 30-40 hours a week. The verifier checks the education and employment details of prospective employees through a web based interface. Then the verifier phones the companies/schools listed to verify the information. They expect a verifier to complete a certain number of cases per day.
Virtual Assistance Jobs may include – office assistant, secretarial services, and other online virtual assistance services.
Are you wondering what you can do with your computer, scanner, fax, and office experience? The internet and modern technology has empowered many individuals to create the new industry to work from home as virtual assistants.
Virtual Assistant Job Description
Virtual Assistants (also known as VAs) are home-based entrepreneurs who take pride in providing fellow small business professionals with a wide range of office tasks, from administrative support to web design & maintenance.
Virtual Assistants are able to provide professional creative assistance without ever having to go into the client’s office. These people are in business to help alleviate some of the added pressure by taking some of it off the shoulders of a company.
Most Virtual Assistants have experience in a multitude of office settings, doing a variety of secretarial duties like bookkeeping, desktop publishing, data entry, word processing, accounting, Internet research etc.
Virtual assistant job is one of the fastest-growing areas in work at home, as the start-up costs of providing virtual assistant secretarial services is minimal, while the potential profits can be very good. If you posses some kind of certification of skills or formal training, your service can charge more.
Virtual Assistants and Virtual Secretarial Services provide a wide range of services including:
Virtual Assistant Jobs
- Database development and maintenance
- Web site development and graphics designing
- Sales support and presentations
- Documentation and Billing support
- Desktop publishing
You may choose to provide a variety of secretarial services, or become specialized in one field, or even several closely related fields. It is vital to the success of your Virtual Assistant service to be well-qualified to provide the services you choose. You will need a complete home computer system, a high-speed Internet connection, a printer, fax capabilities, and email. You may need other equipment depending upon the project you are working on.
Virtual Assistant Jobs Listings:
- Team Double Click Inc :Team Double-Click has on-going opportunities for team contractors in the following areas:Most frequently asked for by their clients:
- General virtual administrative assistance
- Virtual real estate administrative assistance
- Transaction Management/Transaction Coordination for our real estate clients
- Cold calling
- Virtual receptionist
- Simply Virtual:Simply Virtual is more than just a remote virtual assistant. They offer years of hands-on experience in administrative, marketing and real estate support with a focus on professionalism and quality of service.
- Virtualcas: They require a minimum of two years customer service experience along with excellent communication skills are necessary. Applicant must have Associates degree (or equivalent) or higher. Applicant must have a heightened interest in excelling in the real estate industry. Prior knowledge of the real estate and finance industry is helpful but not necessary. Experience with Microsoft Office including Publisher, Excel, FrontPage, Outlook is a must. Must be comfortable and efficient with computers and on the phone.
- Your Office assistant: A good virtual assistant job opportunity. Please check whether they are hiring at this time.
- Reva Network - Real Estate :REVA Network is a unique community providing an online forum where Real Estate Professionals and Virtual Assistants who specialize or wish to specialize in real estate assistance can collaboratively support each other in the pursuit of maintaining high levels of ethics and professionalism while also increasing the capabilities and business opportunities for all its members.
- VA4U: The premier web site for Virtual Assistants on the internet. VA4U.com provides free membership and advertising to VAs and their clients.
- Virtual Office Temps : They recruit professional virtual assistants to work from home. All types of career options and experience levels are available. There is no fee of any kind. This is real work for real pay.
- VOAssistant: You must have a current business license and 5 years of administrative work experience. Only people dedicated to being professional virtual assistants will be considered.
- International Virtual Assistant Association : The International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the professional education and development of members of the Virtual Assistance profession, and to educating the public on the role and function of the Virtual Assistant. While certification is by no means requisite for IVAA members, IVAA holds the distinction of being the only organization offering the comprehensive IVAA Certified Virtual Assistant (CVA) exam, recognized internationally as the standard that Virtual Assistants strive to attain. Information is provided to the public so that a qualified virtual assistant can be found for your project.
- Fil Can Communications: Providing classic office administrative task in a remote and “Virtual” environment. Fil-Can Communications provides off-site Call Center services, Telemarketing assistance and Virtual Secretarial support.
Website Promotion and SEO Tips to Increase Traffic to Website and Blog – Learn all the proven website promotion tips and tool with proven SEO tips to get more traffic to your website and blog.
The biggest question of the new internet age is how to get more traffic to website or blog. Traffic and mainly organic traffic from search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc is the need of the day. Most websites fail for lack of adequate traffic, but you can avoid this fate if you follow some simple yet proven internet marketing and website promotion tips and tools.
Website Promotion and SEO Tips and Tools to Increase Traffic
Optimize your existing website: If your web site is already up and running and you are not getting any traffic, one of the possible reasons for this is that your site is not adequately optimized.
In order to get a good search engine ranking, your web pages must be focused on your target keywords, and these keywords need to be placed strategically in the meta tags ( title, description and keywords), in the headlines of your page, in the opening paragraph of text, in the anchor text of links on your page and even in file names. Proper placement of key words and phrases is what optimization is all about.
Add more content to your website periodically: This is the method of increasing traffic that is most ignored by website owners. If you add more pages with optimized content, you will increase the chances of being found in search engines for a wide variety of search terms, and this will result in an increase in traffic.
Many webmasters make the mistake of assuming that the easiest way to increase traffic is to attract as many new visitors as possible. This belief is partially correct, but a site cannot become truly popular unless it also appeals to these new users so much that they decide to come back again and again. So, keep adding new content to your website. Ensure that your website is updated as frequently as possible with quality and unique content.
Increase the number of inbound links to your website: Placing your site link on the other website will increase traffic to you directly and indirectly The direct boost is given because surfers who see your links may click through and visit your site. The indirect traffic boost given by link popularity is that your site will get a higher search engine ranking in search engines which measure link popularity as an index of a website’s value.
You can achieve better link popularity and drive inwards traffic to your website by :
Website Promotion – SEO
- Submit your website to Website directories.
- Put ad of your website on Classified websites.
- Participate in Discussion forums.
- Post message on Message boards.
- Publish Articles in Ezines.
Generate Targeted Traffic from Online Discussion Forums: Online discussion forums provide an excellent way to promote your website without paying any money. Just browse the messages and you can start posting. There are basically three different ways to participate. You can ask questions, respond to requests for help or just post any useful information that fits with the general topic of that discussion forum. To promote your site in online discussion forums, all you have to do is enter your website address or ad in your signature line at the bottom of each message. Every time you post or respond to questions your ad will be displayed. If you post good content, people who read your threads will also check out your website. This is an excellent way to drive targeted traffic to your website at no cost to you. You can take this type of site promotion a step further by identifying the active members in each forum and contacting them for joint venture arrangements.
Publish your content on other websites with a link back to your site: Whenever an article by you is published somewhere, with a link back to your site, you can expect that some people will click through and visit your site. Many webmasters and Ezine publishers are hungry for good content and if you provide it, then you have a good chance of being published. This method also helps indirectly as it builds up the amount of incoming links and boosts search engine ranking.
Advertise with your email Signature: One of the quickest and effective ways to start driving traffic to your website at no extra cost is to add your ad or website address to your email signature. This way, every time you send an email, you’ll be advertising your website.
Offline Advertising: Most people still spend most of their time offline. Put your url in your print advertising, TV advertising, on your stationary and in your brochures, on your vehicles, in your shop window, on T-shirts and other apparel and any other place where it will be seen.
Try Pay Per Click Advertising : Search engine optimization, reciprocal linking, content creation, and publishing all take time to deliver traffic to your blog. If the main sections of your blog are ready for public viewing and you want to see how well you can do, then buy some traffic. The most popular and probably most effective pay per click advertising program is Google Adwords. It only takes a few minutes to set up an Adwords account and you will get traffic immediately. But remember, your blog has to be good enough to convert this traffic into orders if you want to recover the cost of the advertising.
Choose the website promotion methods that are most appropriate for you and you will be well on your way to providing the answer to your own question about website promotion and how to increase website traffic.
Remember, the secret to having a successful and popular website is working hard in both promoting and creating it. Read rules for Google Website Optimization and Google search engine optimization
Website Directory – List of Free Website Directory – Submit your website and blog to free website directories on the internet.
Here is a list of best free website directories to submit your web site or blog for free. Some of these are instant, which means you create an instant backlink to your website. Others require approval. Obviously there are SEO advantages to submitting to both types of directories.
Instant submission sites tend to become “link farms”, and have lesser Page Ranks on Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines. The reviewed sites tend to have better quality sites listed, and have higher Page Ranks.
List of Free Website Directory to Submit Website and Blog
- Yahoo! directory (free version): The Yahoo! Search index, which contains several billion web pages, is more than 99% populated through the free crawl process. Yahoo! also offers several ways for content providers to submit web pages and content directly to the Yahoo! Search index and the Yahoo! Directory.
- Dmoz open directory project: The Open Directory Project is a web directory of Internet resources. A web directory is something akin to a huge reference library. The directory is hierarchically arranged by subject – from broad to specific. The ODP is maintained by community editors who evaluate sites for inclusion in the directory. They are our experts, and all submissions are subject to editor evaluation.
- Allthewebsites Directory: All The Websites Directory offers free website promotion for webmasters and website owners. Submit your URL for a review and inclusion. and free web promotion for websites.
- AddYourSiteFreeSubmit.com: Add Your Site Free Submit service allows you to promote sites through free link directory. No reciprocal link required for url submission. Add Your Site Free Submit Link Directory.
- Budu.com: Submit your website for free to the hundreds of groups. Make sure to submit your website or blog to the correct category.
- NetInsert.com: NetInsert is the first true web 2.0 directory where the users organize the web using tags. You are welcome to add your web site and be a part of the next step in Internet search services (free web url submission).
- BizSEO.com: BizSEO.com is a human edited free web directory by subject and location, Offer automatic, instant and free directory submission. Complete Web Directory and SEO (Search Engine Optimization), add url free now!
- NationalDirectory.com: Free website submission directory in United States of America.
- Webworldindex.com: A web directory established in 2001. Web World Directory is human indexed directory organized by topic, offering free and paid inclusion of quality sites.
- Hotvsnot.com/free directory: The premium, powerful web directory organized by category. Human-edited to ensure high quality. Submit your site today!
- Businessseek.biz: Business directory USA offering free and paid small business directories submit url services. Add SEO friendly links to your firm.
- Cat.mabico.com: Business Directory of investing business resource and financial. Investing web directory company.
- Freshtv.com: This is the link directory where you can submit the URL to your homepage. Powered by PHP Link Directory.
- Businesswebdirectory.biz: A small business to business directory categorized by subject. Add your URL to the directory for free or take advantage of our featured listing options.
- Directoryworld.net: Professional web directory offering premium and free submissions. Locate the most suitable category before you submit your site.
- Coolhomepages.com: Submit URLs of web sites you think should be included on this site because they have a certain remarkable or unique design that you think others would like to see.
- Catt.com: Submit your website for free.
Virtual Call Centre Jobs are great work from home job opportunity to earn money from the comfort of home. These virtual agents or virtual call centers provide customer service jobs which are work from home online jobs.
A virtual call center is a call center in which the organization’s representatives are geographically dispersed, rather than being situated at work stations in a building operated by the organization.
Virtual Call Centre is an attractive arrangement for many employees – working hours are often flexible and there’s no dress code or commute.
If you have prior experience of working as a call center customer care executive this place is ideal for you to work from home.
Virtual Call Centre Jobs Listing
- LiveOps: A LiveOps independent teleservices agent handles telephone calls on behalf of LiveOps’ clients. LiveOps uses the internet to send a script to the Agent’s computer along with the call. Agents read the script and enter data as appropriate. The successful Agent will be well versed in the techniques of empathizing with callers, keeping them focused on the merits of the products our clients sell, and moving for the sale’s close. Agents can earn up to $15 an hour, and some agents earn up to $3000 a month.
Virtual Call enter Jobs
- ACD Direct: ACD Direct is an inbound answering service providers. Also deals in data entry, mail order, catalog orders, etc.
- Alpine Access: Alpine Access is the world’s leading outsourcer of call center services using home-based, virtual customer service agents. Their business outsourcing solutions and processes use home based representatives in the areas of telephone sales and service.
- Arise: Learn how to work from home and make the money you deserve through Arise Virtual Solutions. You have the potential to earn an average of $10 to $14 per hour from home.
- West at Home: West at Home agents handle calls for a variety of products and services – From customer service calls to order processing, every agent receives web based certification to handle these incoming calls on behalf of some of the nation’s premier companies in the wireless, retail, Internet, restaurant, and other industries.
- Call Center Options: If you have experience in customer service and scheduling medical appointments, you are welcome to join this team of home-based customer service representatives. You must possess great customer service skills and have some knowledge in the medical industry or the scheduling process. You will be trained at their corporate location in Kansas City, MO or via web cast.
- Accolade Support: Accolade Support is a rapidly growing division of Tier 3 Support, Inc. They are looking for remote agents to join their team. This company is looking for bright and energetic 100% Telecommute – PC Desktop Support Agents.
- MicahTek: This company is seeking individuals to work at home taking inbound phone calls. Requirements: Dedicated phone line, PC with Windows 2000 or better, internet browser experience, high-speed cable or DSL internet service, quiet and business-like work environment, polite and friendly attitude, dedicated work ethic and excellent customer service skills. Apply online.
- GE Call Centers: Join this company and build your career as a virtual call center agent.
- Cloud10 Corp: This is a virtual call center company with its headquarters based in Denver, Colorado. They hire agents from across the United States to work from their homes answering in-bound customer service calls. Custom software allows calls to be routed directly to the agent’s home computer via the internet, so they don’t tie up a dedicated phone line. Cloud 10′s customers range from Fortune 500 companies to small local businesses, where they provide support in areas such as customer service, finance, sales, and technical expertise.
- Answer 1: With over 30 years of experience in the call answering services field, Answer 1 is the choice to help streamline business processes and bolster bottom-line with award winning live operator call answering, messaging, and appointment scheduling services.
- Xact Services: This company offers taking calls in a fast paced, customer driven environment working from your home office. Bilingual a plus. Computer and high speed internet connection required.
- Ver a Fast: They work primarily with the newspaper industry. Their customer service representatives work from their homes making customer service calls for our newspaper clients. In most instances, they are checking on the customer’s service and reporting back to the newspaper so they can take appropriate action.
- Ventana Call Centers : Ventana provides multi-lingual customer services in 18 languages over 5 continents. Their global services include Technical Support L1, L2; product orders, Email processing, Customer help desks, Surveys, Fund raising, Lead generation, Collections and Telecommunications Sales and Support.
- VIP Desk: VIPdesk delivers virtual customer service solutions through a network of home based call centers and extensively trained outsourced customer service specialists.
- MMC Communication: Call Center and Internet Agents.
- Grindstone: They are always looking for talented professionals to join their team. Work from your remote office, if you have a great phone voice, organized, and experienced in the services. Majority of their clients need assistance in the technology and business services sector, although they are successful with clients in other industries.
- eCallogy:eCallogy provides its employees with a legitimate work-at-home opportunity that pays by the hour – not piece rate or on a commission basis. They do several types of projects, including outbound calls, inbound calls, and data entry.
- National Telecommuting Institute (NTI): NTI’s mission is to work with people seeking home-based employment due to severe physical disabilities.
- Blue Zebra USA: Appointment setting services for businesses. Blue Zebra appointment setting helps companies increase sales by cold calling, generating qualified sales leads, and setting qualified appointments.
- Teletech: The TeleTech@Home program provides the best of both worlds for those who want the flexibility and freedom of working from the comfort of their own home while benefiting from the vast resources and opportunities of a large, global organization.
- Service 800 : Service 800 is looking for motivated individuals who are willing to work from home as an employee of Service 800 Inc. You must be bright, personable and can articulate well verbally and in written form. Employment opportunities exist for international multi-lingual caller positions.
- Customer Loyalty Concepts: Established in 1994, this company has home based caller employees. The employees make customer service calls to existing newspaper subscribers and are paid during training. Employees are paid every alternate week.
- Fil-Can Communications: Provides classic office administrative task in a remote and “Virtual” environment. Fil-Can Communications provides off-site Call Center Services, Virtual Secretarial Support, Customer Support and Web Development.
- Intrep: It is essential to have a home office including a computer system (Windows XP), internet access through DSL or Cable, quiet work environment and unlimited long distance. Intrep has the ability to monitor calls through web-based database and phone system.
- Brighten Communications: Join this company if you are interested in earning up to $16 per hour while working from the convenience of your own home.
- Secure Call Management (SCM): Work at home agents take telephone and email orders, provide information on products and services. Can earn up to US$ 12 per hour.
- JLodge: Work from home as part time sales agents, or part time analyst. Physically disabled US citizens preferred.
- Niteo Services: Niteo Services provides world-class service and marketing solutions that help companies develop new business and build customer loyalty. Their completely web-based infrastructure allows their support teams to work from home and provides them with unprecedented flexibility. Visit the website and look for open positions.
- OnPointatHome: OnPointatHome, America’s premier work-at-home agency, is looking for at home agents to join their growing team of Advocacy Coordinators. Outbound Calls only. OnPoint offers $12 per hour, and compensation is not based on sales quotas or number of calls dialed.
- 1-800-Flowers: Customer service center and recent winner of the global call center of the year award.
- .Virtual Receptionists: Virtual receptionists is looking for suitable candidates to run their virtual office for their clients. Currently they are looking for virtual receptionist for the clients of UK, Canada and France.
- O’currance: Work from home taking inbound calls on various products. . Earn upto $8.50 per hour.