Blog Design and Layout Tips and Ideas – How to Design a Blog
The design and layout of a blog plays a very important role in its success or failure. A well designed blog with best layout can become a great success and very popular. Blogging requires very little or no knowledge of...
The design and layout of a blog plays a very important role in its success or failure. A well designed blog with best layout can become a great success and very popular. Blogging requires very little or no knowledge of HTML or website designing. If you can write a paragraph, you can blog. The best places to start with Blogging for FREE is on Blogger.com (owned by Google) and WordPress.com. There are several other Blogging platforms but these two are the best and most popular so far.
How to Design Layout of a Blog
Here I explain the Best Design and Layout for any Blog.
- Title of the Blog: Blog title tend to be attention-getting and off-beat. If your blog is for business, service, product etc, I would suggest incorporating important keywords of the business when naming the blog.
- Design & Layout: Select a layout that doesn’t require a lot of technical changes or adjustments. The best way to determine the look of your blog is to look at the layout of other blogs and determine what appeals to you. Should you use one of the templates provided or have something custom designed? Do you want your blog archives displayed? Do you want to be the only author or do you want to permit others to write posts, as well? There are many questions you’ll be asked in the start-up phase about the design and layout of your blog.
- Widgets: There are a number of widgets, or add-on programs, that you can incorporate into your blog. Check your blog software’s site for more info about what features you’d like add to your blog. At a minimum you’ll want to give visitors a couple of ways in which they can receive blog updates through various updater.
- Comments: Set your comments to moderated, which means that you have to approve any comments to your blog before the comment goes live. You’ll save yourself a great many headaches and time by choosing to moderate the comments. This will protect your blog from spam comments.
- Blog content: Content, content, content! That’s the secret to writing a good blog Post. To create content, you must find a subject or subjects that you are passionate about. Check out Google Keywords Tool to choose your niche subject or topic. If you want to develop a readership for your blog then the topics you write about have to be ones which people will find interesting. Content should be fresh and written in simple & concise way. Keep your posts and blog entries clear and easy to understand. There’s a time and place for long posts, but if you want to generate comments, keep your posts as short and to the point as possible.
- You can post content rich articles of interest to your target market, comment on a current event, answer questions from your visitors. Keep your eyes and ears open for information relevant to your audience. Relevance is important for getting targeted search engine traffic to visit your blog. Also, before you start writing about a topic, make sure you understand it and that what you’re writing is fact. The quickest way to lose readership, or never gain one at all, is to write blogs that are false or misleading.
- Posting frequency: Blogs are just like gardens. They need watering regularly and require some care and attention. For maximum effectiveness, you need to post several times a month to your blog. You should respond to reader’s comments – blogs provide a great forum for ongoing discussions. If your blog content is updated frequently, search engines will tend to spider the pages at regular intervals.
- Blog Traffic: Now the great question is from where the audience of your blog will come. Work on SEO for more traffic.
Summary: To start a blog is very easy and simple. Select your niche topic by doing some keyword research. Select the best design and layout before your start your own blog. There are hundreds of free blog templates and themes available on the internet. Give a nice thought to the design and layout of your blog and then start your own blog.