How to create a blog is not any rocket science. Blogging today is an excellent platform to work from home and make money online or even share your knowledge or maintain an online personal diary. Creating a blog is very easy. Just open a blog on Blogger.com or wordpress.com, write and publish articles (Posts) and earn money.
What is a Blog?
According to Wikipedia
a blog is a user-generated website where entries are made in journal style and displayed in a reverse chronological order
More definition of a blog:
Blog, a short form for weblog, is a personal journal that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption.
A blog is a way for people to share what they are thinking and what’s on their mind. It’s a public way of speaking over the internet. It can be business or personal.
Today people all over the world are creating blogs and Blogging. CEOs, doctors, lawyers, journalists, chefs, florists, school students, stay at home moms. People around the world are Blogging to communicate with family, for education, for business, to make money online and almost anything else you can think of.
The best part about blogs is that anyone create make one. Blogging requires very little or no knowledge of HTML or website designing. If you can write a paragraph, you can create a blog – as simple as that.
The essential characteristics of a blog are its journal form, typically a new entry, at least weekly, and its informal style. Postings on a blog are almost always arranged in chronological order with the most recent additions featured most prominently. A person’s Weblog is almost like an open diary. It chronicles what a person wants to share with the world on an almost daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Blog generally represent the personality of the author. So, a blog is basically an online personal journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is called “Blogging” and someone who keeps a blog is a “Blogger.” People can also add comments to Blogs.
Corporates and people worldwide create blogs for different reasons, but some uses of blog are:
- Blogs are probably the easiest way to create a website.
- Create your own personal blog. Let the world know what you think. Write and share your tips, ideas and thoughts.
- Providing articles and links to useful resources for people interested in a specific topic.
- Keeping family and friends up to date on what’s happening in your life.
- Posting announcements to supplement an existing website.
- Publishing news announcements and press releases.
- Blogs are an excellent way of sharing knowledge on specific topic.
- Blogs can be a positive way of getting feedback, keeping your finger on the pulse of your blog readers.
- Promoting your website, business, product, etc.
- Making money from Blogging.
How to Create or Start a Blog
Blogging is an excellent platform to work from home and make some extra money. This is quite easy. Just open a blog on Blogger, write and publish articles or posts and earn money.
If you are new to Blogging, welcome to this wonderful world. Blogging has opened website creation to almost everyone, as it takes very little technical or designing know-how to get a blog up and running.
A Blog, or Weblog to give it its full name, can be about almost anything you want it to be. In its simplest form it’s an online diary or journal where you can record your personal thoughts and observations about any topic you wish.
Step-by-Step Instructions and Guide on How to Create a Blog:
- Decide on what you would like to write about, it might be about your hobby or to do with business. If you are confused the use this keyword tool to choose your niche.
- Choose a blogging platform – Blogger.com and WordPress.com are the best and free Blogging platforms so far. You can also buy a domain on some good and reliable Web Hosting Service and install WordPress from wordpress.org using tools like Fantastico. Checkout ➡ How to Install WordPress.
- Join up free (Blogger and WordPress.com).
- Decide on a name for your blog using your main keywords.
- Choose your blog design and layout (Theme or template)
- Write your first blog post and publish.
- If you are interested in making money from Blogging then checkout ➡ How to Make Money from Blog
💡 Video: Blogger Tutorial to Create a Blog
💡 Video: WordPress Tutorial to Create a Blog