SEO Tips to Promote Blog and Website for More Traffic
In order to drive and get more visits / traffic to your website or blog, you need to do some blog and website promotion. Here I explain SEO Tips on How to Promote Blog and Website to increase Traffic. In...
In order to drive and get more visits / traffic to your website or blog, you need to do some blog and website promotion. Here I explain SEO Tips on How to Promote Blog and Website to increase Traffic.
In order to increase traffic to your website or blog, you must do some SEO and blog promotion. Firstly you should keep patience as blog and website promotion takes some time to build a readership. I am explaining here some of the successful ways to promote your website or blog and drive more visitors. These SEO tips should give you a good start to building and increasing your blog and web traffic.
SEO Tips on How to Promote Blog and Website to Get More Traffic
- Keep posting good content consistently: Nothing creates long-term traffic more than value. Learn enough to become the expert in your field. Share your expertise generously so people recognize it and depend on you. Be timeless. Write evergreen and useful posts and pages that will be readable in years to come. So keep your blog and website updated with new content at regular interval.
- Read & Comment on Related Blogs: Read and comment on other blogs that are in your target niche. Write legitimate, intelligent & useful comments with a link to your blog or website. It is probably the most effective strategy early on in the process of your blog promotion.
- Optimize your blog for keywords: While some Bloggers and webmasters don’t think much of search engine optimization, I think it is well worth knowing some basic SEO tips and principles and keeping them in the back of your mind as you blog or create a website. In order to get a good search engine ranking and organic traffic, your blog and website must be focused on your target keywords. Use your primary keywords in the title of your post and pages. Use your secondary keywords in the body of your post. Use your keywords in the anchor text of links in the body of your posts. These SEO Tips will help your website or blog to rise in SERP ranking. Don’t become obsessed by SEO, but don’t ignore it either.
- Submit your blog and website to search engines: Submit your blog and website to various search engines, like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. This is a way to tell search engine about the existence of your website and blog and getting it indexed. This is now done with webmasters tool.
- Submit your website and blog to blog and web directories: Submission of link to various online directories like Yahoo Directory and DMOZ increases the number of inbound links to your website and blog, which is nowadays most important offsite factor of web / blog promotion. Placing your site link on the other website will increase traffic to you directly or indirectly. The direct boost is given because surfers who see your links may click through and visit your site. The indirect traffic boost given by link popularity is that your site will get a higher search engine ranking in search engines which measure link popularity as an index of a website’s value.
- Submit articles to e-zines: One of the best methods for promoting your blogs and websites is to write articles and submit them to article directories. Write articles to post around the web in article directories. Include a link to your blog in the author info box. This is very effective way of creating back links. Good articles are always in demand. People will download your articles with back link and put it on their website. This is win-win situation for both parties. Webmaster gets quality content for his website and increases your website’s back link count.
- Participate in forums: Forums with tons of pages, huge lists of members, and a responsive community are an easy way to not only connect with other individuals, but an opportunity to tastefully demonstrate your expertise and a link back to your blog or website. Participate in other web forums. Remember not to spam these forums – but be a genuine contributor that adds useful comments and you’ll find people are drawn to your blog or website.
- Put a link to your blog on every page of your website and vice-verse: If you have a website then you must put a link of your blog at prominent place. Similarly, if you have a blog then put a link back to your website. This will expose your blog to your website visitors and your website to your blog visitors.
- Back link your Newsletter to your blog and website: If you publish a newsletter, make sure you have a link to your blog or website in every issue.
- Promote your RSS Feed: Make sure you have an RSS feed URL that people can subscribe to. Most blog platforms come with a RSS feeds built in but there are ways of increasing your subscriber list. The most obvious of these is to put it in the sight of your readers by putting your RSS button in a more prominent position. There are a variety of different buttons available that you can make available to readers to help them to subscribe to your blog via their news aggregators with one click that might also be worth investigating. Also, if your topic is not one which many readers seem to use RSS in, you might need to do some education on the topic of RSS feeds. Write a post on how to follow your blog via RSS.
- Drive traffic from Social Networks: Social networks like Facebook, tweeter, Google + get a lot of traffic due to their nature. Most social networks are free and take seconds to register and submit your first entry. You will be surprised when you see the amount of other websites that use feeds from various social networks. Make profile with a link of your blog and invite other members of the social networks. Some of them will find their way to your blog through the link. Submit your story to Digg and reddit and, regardless of whether it makes the front page or not, you get 50-100 free visits. The easiest way to generate quick exposure.
- Put out Press Releases: Write a press release about something newsworthy and tie it in with your blog or website topic.
- Join a blog carnival: Where every Blogger joins one blogs about a topic, then each blog gets promoted.
- Use Trackback: Use Trackback links when you quote or refer to other blog posts. Now, what is Trackback? Essentially what this does is send a message from one server to another server letting it know you have posted a reference to their post. The advantage is that a link to your blog is now included on their site.
- Ping The Blog Services: There are a number of services designed specifically for tracking and connecting blogs. By sending a small ping to each service you let them know you’ve updated your blog so they can come check you out. Use Ping-o-matic to ping blog directories. WordPress does it automatically.
- Submit Google sitemaps: Submit a sitemap of your blog or website to Google and bing via webmasters tool. This will help to get more traffic, higher rankings faster.
- Promote with email Signature: One of the quickest and effective ways to start driving traffic to your website and blog for free is to add your ad or blog address to your email signature. This way, every time you send an email, you’ll be advertising your blog and website.
- Answer your emails: If some visitor contacts you through your blog or website, be sure to answer him. This will earn good points for your blog or website and some of them may become regular visitor of your blog. These are the small but important tips to follow.
- Capture Subscribers By Email: It may seem strange for a Blogger to send out updates by email, but email is still the #1 choice of most people who want to receive news and information. Using a free service like Bloglet to manage your subscriptions is easy and it allows your subscribers to manage all their subscriptions from one interface. It is even easier if you create a blog on WordPress.
- Participate in Question and Answer Websites: Q&A sites like Yahoo answers and AOL Answers (Yedda) are free services to all. This is quiet effective and sure way to drive some quality traffic to your blog and website. Participate in Yahoo and AOL (Formally Yedda) Answers and LinkedIn Answers where you can demonstrate your expertise, get associated with relevant keywords and put your blog link out there.
- Write Articles with Backlinks: Write articles on sites like Hubpages and Squidoo etc with backlinks to your website and blogs. This is a good and easy way to generate more traffic.
- Offline Advertising: Most people still spend most of their time offline. Put your URL in your print advertising, TV advertising, on your stationary and in your brochures, on your vehicles, in your shop window, on T-shirts and other apparel and any other place where it will be seen.
- Try Pay Per Click Advertising: Search engine optimization, reciprocal linking, content creation, and publishing all take time to deliver traffic to your site. If the main sections of your site are ready for public viewing and you want to see how well you can do, then buy some traffic. The most popular and probably most effective pay per click advertising program is Google Adwords. It only takes a few minutes to set up an Adwords account and you will get traffic immediately. But remember, your site has to be good enough to convert this traffic into orders if you want to recover the cost of the advertising.
- Include a link to your blog as a standard part of all outgoing correspondence such as auto responder sequences, sales letters, reports, white papers, etc.
- Summary: Blog promotion takes time to build readership and sometimes it is even frustrating for beginners. Have patience. Do the hard work and be persistent. Most people get frustrated and quit too early. This is one reason why most websites and bloggers fail. Just follow all or some of the tips mentioned above and have patience. You will definitely see traffic to your website and blog increase.