How to Write Good Small Business Plan (Free PDF Download)
How to Write a Good Small Business Plan – A good business plan is essential for any business to be successful and profitable. Learn how to write a good business plan.
A business plan is a plan that looks deep into the business idea and opportunity, to allocate and utilize resources, and prepare for problems, opportunities and competition.
Writing a business plan to start any business is extremely important. Software are available that can help to write business plans. Sample examples are available on the internet that can be used for free. Business plan writers can also help and guide on how to write a successful business plan including business strategy and marketing plans.
What is a Business Plan?
A business plan is a plan that looks deep into the business idea and opportunity, to allocate and utilize resources, and prepare for problems, opportunities and competition. A business plan is important for any new business or growing a small business.
A good business plan and marketing strategy is the key to success. An entrepreneur should write down his or her business ideas on paper in the shape of a plan. Writing a business plan is a part of business planning process and an extremely important document. Business planning is about results.
Writing a business plan helps to entrepreneurs understand business ideas and opportunities in a better way and the objectives, opportunities and risks involved in the business. It also helps to understand the business environment, strengths and weaknesses, competition in the business and expectations.
Many people think that business plans are only for starting a new business or applying for business loans. This is not true. A business plan is important for running a business and its success. It can also be used if the business needs new loans or new investments.
How to Write Good Small Business Plan
How to write good small business plan? Well, the answer is to start with a simple start-up plan that will include:
➡ summary of the business
➡ mission and objectives of the business
➡ marketing plans and keys to success
➡ market analysis, and;
➡ break-even analysis.
Writing a plan will depend on the kind of business an individual is planning to start.
What to Include in a Business Plan
Again, this depends on the nature of business. The following two details are needed to write a good business plan:
- Cash flow analysis: Cash flow in any business is its lifeline. Don’t take cash as profit here. This is just the business planning process. There is no guarantee of profit in the business yet. Profits don’t guarantee cash in the bank. There are businesses that do not succeed because of cash flow problems.
- Specific implementation details: These are details are that will make things happen in the business. It demands a good business strategy and marketing plan. Any business plan should include responsibilities and actions to be taken, dates and budgets, and expected results. A good business plan is all about getting results and improving the business.
Sample Business Plan
Here is an example of a business plan layout:
- Executive summary of the business: Write down the objectives, mission, key to success.
- Company or business description: Write down company or business ownership, business history (needed for existing businesses), start-up plan (for new business), company locations and facilities.
- Product or service: Describe products or services to be sold by the business. Focus on customer benefits. Write down product and service description, competition, sales plans and strategy, future products and services to be included in the business.
- Market analysis: For any business success, it is extremely important to know and understand the market, customer needs, and how to reach target customers. Write down about market for the product and services, market needs, market tends, market growth, industry analysis, industry participants, distribution patterns, competition and buying patterns and main competitors.
- Strategy and implementation: Include management responsibilities with dates and budgets. Write down strategy pyramids, marketing strategy, pricing strategy, marketing and promotion strategy, distribution patterns, marketing programs, sales strategy, sales forecast, sales programs and promotions, and strategic alliances.
- Web plan summary: Include details of business website, development costs, operations, sales and marketing strategies.
- Management team: Describe the organization and the key management team members including organizational structure, management team, and any other personnel plans.
- Financial analysis: Include details of least expected profit and cash flow details. Also include important assumptions, projected balance sheet, and the long-term business plan.
Business Plan for a Profitable and Successful Business
Business planning and marketing are the key to success in any business. Business strategy and a marketing plan can decide whether a business will be a success or not. A financial plan is also a must have element for any business plan. Business coaching can also be very helpful for success of a business.
Sample Business Plan (PDF)
Here is a free to download sample business plan. Download it and edit according to your own requirement.
Please feel free to share your tips and ideas via comments on How to Write Good Small Business Plan. 🙂