Making Money on HubPages
Making Money on HubPages – Learn all about HubPages and How to make money online on hubpages.com
Making money on HubPages was easy till few years back. I was myself making over $100 per day from HubPages alone. The website is very smartly designed and administered by some very experienced people in online business.
Things have changed after release of recent Google Algorithms. Now it is not that easy to make good money on HubPages. But it is good platform for beginners to learn how to make money from the internet. It can even help you earn descent amount of money.
What is Hubpages.com?
Hubpages is a platform on the internet to write, publish and earn. Articles or pages written on HubPages are called “Hubs“. Joining HubPages is completely free. However, one has to be over 13 years of age in order to join this online money making program.
You can make money on HubPages by writing and publishing articles or hubs. Hubpages allows you to display your Google Adsense ads so that you can make money. They split the ad impression in the ration 60:40. This means that 60% of the time, your ads gets displayed while for the rest 40% of the time the Google Adsense publisher ID of HubPages gets displayed on each hub.
How they rotate the impression of showing ads in not disclosed by hubpages.com. Apart from making money through Google Adsense on HubPages, you can also make money using eBay, Amazon and HubPages Ad Program. Hubpages.com is always looking for new ways to make money. You can expect more affiliate programs to make money online to be added to the website in future.
Hubpages Traffic Referral Program
If you send traffic to any Hub, you’re entitled to either 9% or 12% of total impressions. You’ll receive 9% if the Hub you’ve referred people to already has impressions allocated to an Affiliate. If there are no Affiliates, you’ll receive 12% of the total impressions.
:arrow:This rule has changed now. Please visit the website for latest updates.
What Do I Need to Do to Make Money at Hubpages.com?
Here are steps you need to do in order to make money on HubPages:
- Join hubpages.com
- Upload a profile picture and write about yourself. Start writing a new hub and publish.
- Go to “My Accounts” page and select “Affiliate Settings”.
- If you are already having a Google Adsense Account, eBay account and Amazon account, just enter the details they ask for. If you are not having any of these accounts, you can apply for a new account. Just follow their simple step-by-step guidelines. Once you have significant number of well researched, keyword rich and useful hubs and start generating traffic, you will start making money.
Points to Remember 💡
- Write original and useful hubs with a good title. Make sure you use your target keywords in the title too.
- Do some research on CPC (Cost per Click), keywords (using Google Keyword Tool) and the topic you are writing about.
- Do not copy and publish other article or work. Both HubPages and Google hate copied content. Remember, content is king and SEO is the queen.
- Read HubPages rules before proceeding and always follow all the rules.
How Much Money Can I Earn on Hubpages?
Making money on HubPages depends on following factors:
- Quality and popularity of your hubs. The better the quality of your hub, the more money you will make.
- Number of hubs you have published. The more hubs you write, the more money you will make.
- Keywords used within the content. Use the Google Keyword Tool or some other tool to do some research on keywords and CPC before your start writing.
- How long your hub is viewed. The more time people spend reading your work, the better is your hub and the more money you will make.
How Do I Get Paid by Hubpages?
Earlier, Hubpages didn’t used to pay you directly. Writers were get paid directly by the affiliate programs. Now they have changed this policy and make direct payment with minimum threshold being $50:
- Google Adsense: PayPal
- eBay: Get paid through PayPal
- Amazon: Through Cheque and direct bank deposit
- HubPages Ad Program: Pays via PayPal
Hubpages.com is a great way to make money online. If you are good at freelance writing, or if you have some expertise, you can write and publish at HubPages for the world to read your work. Gain worldwide exposure and earn money.
Do you have any experience on Hubpages? Do share your tips, ideas and experience on making money on HubPages. 🙂