Online Proofreading Jobs and Proofreading Job Listing
What is Proofreading? Proofreading is the method of checking any form of literature for its grammatical and punctuation errors. The person who looks into the proofreading task is known as a proofreader. This job provides opportunities to earn money from home by completing online proofreading and writing assignments. A proofreader gets paid for every complete proofreading project.
What is the Job of an Online Proofreader?
Proofreading offers good opportunity for anyone to make good use of his or her reading and writing skills to work from home and make money online. Spelling and grammar errors mean lesser sales for businesses and lower grades for students. A proofreader can help to check such mistakes and errors and make money. Anyone who wants to do proofreading job has to spot and correct errors in grammar.
Where and How to Find Proofreading Jobs?
There are a number of ways to get started in your proofreading career. Most people think of newspapers and magazines when they are considering proofreading jobs. However, there are a number websites where you can look for proofreading jobs. Many advertising agencies, corporations, and publishers look for qualified proofreaders. Also, a number of students will hire proofreaders to look over their theses and dissertations to minimize mistakes and errors.
How to Become a Proofreader?
While there are no certified courses as such to qualify as a proofreader, yet there are varied online courses and tutorials that provide training for aspiring proofreaders. You must practice grammar and punctuation exercise. Learn as many spellings and gain knowledge on as many subjects as possible.
There are certain proofreading software that can recognize grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors, and correct them. One needs to simply install the software and if required, set it to “auto correct” to correct errors automatically. The other option is to let the software mark the errors and at the end the person can manually correct the mistakes.
Requirements to Become a Proofreader
Proofreading requires – proper word usage, correct punctuation, accurate spelling, exact phrase intent, parallel construction.
List of Companies and Websites that Hire Proofreaders
- Proofread NOW: From time to time, they seek English, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese proofreaders. If you have a keen eye for accurate, clearly written business communications then check out this website.
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group: They need freelance proofreaders and copy editors. To be considered for proofreading and copy editing work at RLPG, all freelancers must take our standard tests and have email; proofreaders must be able to print out a book length set of page proofs on their printers.
- Wordfirm: Seeks qualified freelance writers, editors, copy editors, and proofreaders. You must be completely equipped for handling work through the internet. They are only interested in professional, highly skilled writers and editors with at least three years of practical experience.
- Mulberry Studio: Full-time and part-time transcription and proofreading positions are available either on-site, in their Harvard Square office, or on a freelance contractual basis from your home. To be considered, you need to have: A typing speed of 75 wpm, excellent grammar and language skills, Experience in transcription and word processing, a minimum of 2 years experience.
Latest posts by Santosh Das (see all)
- From Where to Download Premium WordPress Theme for Free - August 30, 2015
- Free WordPress Theme or Premium WordPress Theme - August 30, 2015
- How to add NoFollow Tag to a Link - August 25, 2015