How to Start eBay Business – Complete Guide
eBay is a Good Profitable Business. You can sell your own products or join eBay affiliate program to sell others products and earn commission. Read this Guide for Help!
To Start eBay Business is a good home-based small business opportunity that anyone can do. Because eBay offers excellent money making opportunities, there is huge competition among sellers. www.eBay.com allows people around the world to join its affiliate programs, auction their products online and earn profits with no money to invest.
How to Start an eBay Business
Before learning how to start eBay business and make money by selling products, it is important to understand that most of the business transactions on eBay take place through PayPal. PayPal is a safe and secure and most trusted system for eCommerce and any online business. Anyone who is interested in doing business on eBay should first open a free PayPal account.
An eBay home-based business doesn’t need a strategic business plan, but it certainly needs some thinking and planning. One should do some study and research and choose a niche. It is also very important to carry out some research and explore potential demand for a certain niche.
Choosing a Successful Niche for an eBay Business
Here are some common Keyword Research Tools, Tips and ways to choose a niche that is in demand:
- Google Keyword Tool: Use this Google Keyword Tool to find out the most popular topics associated with a niche.
- eBay Keywords Tool: Use this tool to find out popular and alternative search terms associated with a niche.
- Search www.ebay.com to find out the volume of listings associated with a niche.
- Query a niche in the search engines like Google and Yahoo! to determine the amount of competition in that area through SEO and paid search.
The above techniques should help publishers determine the potential of their niche and how successful it will be.
What are the Best and Hottest Selling Products on eBay?
Finding the listing of best and hottest selling products on eBay is easy if one is aware of the right tools. The best tool that can provide this information is eBay itself.
Millions of auctions, sales, purchases and transactions take place on eBay and eBay maintains a record of all these transactions and auctions. They share some of this information with users, sellers, buyers and publishers. Some of these can be accessed for free, while some other are provided as paid service.
Here is some information that can help to determine the best-selling products on eBay:
- Completed listings search: Use the advanced search option on the eBay website to find the completed listings search. It allows users to access 15 days of eBay’s historical data.
- eBay Pulse: eBay Pulse is a daily snapshot of current trends, hot demands, and cool stuff on eBay. Here one can find information on: the most popular searches, the most popular products, the most watched items and the most popular stores (this will also give some idea about competitors).
- eBay keywords: eBay Keywords is a list of highly popular terms that people search for on eBay. By knowing what most people are looking for, you will be able to predict and understand the general trends on eBay.
- eBay marketplace research: This is a new service provided by eBay. It is more or less similar to their “completed listing search” with some differences. In eBay’s completed listing search, you can access 15 days of eBay’s historical data. But in this new service you can access up to 90 days of the same historical data but this service is NOT FREE. You are charged to access this service.
More Information on How to Start eBay Business
By paying close attention to the transactions (sales and purchases) on eBay, one will notice following:
- The top 10 most watched items are eBooks. Most of the books sold on eBay are “How to” eBooks (how to get rich, how to make real money, how to start a business, etc).
- Most of the transactions are seasonal. After checking the transaction list for October, one will find sales and purchases of many Halloween-related products. But transactions in December are related to sales and purchases of products related to Christmas.
So, start eBay Business, if you want to sell you own products or join their affiliate program and start selling products of other people and earn a share of profit. Good Luck!